About this Artwork
For centuries, the Spanish conquest has been established as a heroic adventure. We can not deny, by any means, the importance of this historical event nor the courage of the men that embarked on an adventure towards the unknown. I am proud of being the product of interbreeding. I am grateful for the inherited vallenato, cumbia and the African drums, as well as for the corn and Serrano jam. Nevertheless, one thing is discovering a new land, but another significantly different horrifying thing is a massacre. The Spaniards extinguished the natives with their swords and dogs, but also with illnesses and tortures. The evangelization of the native cultures paid a high price with lives, gold and freedom.
- Giclée art printing is the best method to produce archival reproductions of artwork on paper or canvas. This advanced process uses sustainable practices: only archival certified inks, special light-fast inks. printed on high-quality certified paper to guarantee museum-level quality. If treated and maintained properly, these prints will last a lifetime!
- Hahnemühle German Etching Paper This heavyweight paper has a slightly warm base tone and a strong mottled texture. It creates a print with strong colours and deep blacks that feel rich and high in contrast. This is due to the texture of the paper enabling it to hold more ink and capture the light. This paper gives an artwork a handmade crafted feel and museum quality print with its weight and strong texture. Hahnemüle German Etching is a robust Giclée paper, meaning it doesn’t tend to fray as much at the edges.
- Note: Stock is limited to only 100 copies per size, please allow 2 weeks (business days) for shipping. All products are printed to order. Products are fulfilled in London.
- Please note that each country has its own tax and duty laws in place and may accrue additional fees upon delivery.
- (Please allow 2 - 3 days to receive a tracking number while your order is hand-crafted, packaged and shipped from our facility)