About this Artwork
With 7.7 million people displaced in 2017, Colombia once again is ranked as the country with the most internally displaced people in the world, according to the annual Global Trends report presented on June 19, 2018 by the UN. Having lived in Colombia's civil war when living in Ojo de Agua, I saw many people taking the hard decision of leaving everything behind, family, friends, pets and home, looking for a better future, or at least a peaceful life. This painting is a tribute to every displaced and refugee in the purchase of happiness.
- Giclée art printing is the best method to produce archival reproductions of artwork on paper or canvas. This advanced process uses sustainable practices: only archival certified inks, special light-fast inks. printed on high-quality certified paper to guarantee museum-level quality. If treated and maintained properly, these prints will last a lifetime!
- Hahnemühle German Etching Paper This heavyweight paper has a slightly warm base tone and a strong mottled texture. It creates a print with strong colours and deep blacks that feel rich and high in contrast. This is due to the texture of the paper enabling it to hold more ink and capture the light. This paper gives an artwork a handmade crafted feel and museum quality print with its weight and strong texture. Hahnemüle German Etching is a robust Giclée paper, meaning it doesn’t tend to fray as much at the edges.
- Note: Stock is limited to only 100 copies per size, please allow 2 weeks (business days) for shipping. All products are printed to order. Products are fulfilled in London.
- Please note that each country has its own tax and duty laws in place and may accrue additional fees upon delivery.
- (Please allow 2 - 3 days to receive a tracking number while your order is hand-crafted, packaged and shipped from our facility)