About this Artwork
This painting is my way to honor our matriarchs who with much effort, dedication, and sacrifice, manage to transmit with passion the ancestral knowledge of their tribes, our native people. I have always been fascinated by painting them, by the magic of their dresses, colorful accessories and the energy they simply emanate. Gunadule means aperson (Dule) from Guna. Guna is the name of the Indigenous tribe that can be found in Panama and Colombia. They live in what we call heaven on earth. These famous small islands of white sand, transparent water with some coconut trees where all you can eat are freshly caught seafood. I painted the Gunadule curious, as the unknown is a challenge. She assumes it with a mischievous and smiling look. Because she knows that, after all, we are stellar dust and each experience is unique and invaluable.
- Giclée art printing is the best method to produce archival reproductions of artwork on paper or canvas. This advanced process uses sustainable practices: only archival certified inks, special light-fast inks. printed on high-quality certified paper to guarantee museum-level quality. If treated and maintained properly, these prints will last a lifetime!
- Hahnemühle German Etching Paper This heavyweight paper has a slightly warm base tone and a strong mottled texture. It creates a print with strong colours and deep blacks that feel rich and high in contrast. This is due to the texture of the paper enabling it to hold more ink and capture the light. This paper gives an artwork a handmade crafted feel and museum quality print with its weight and strong texture. Hahnemüle German Etching is a robust Giclée paper, meaning it doesn’t tend to fray as much at the edges.
- Note: Stock is limited to only 100 copies per size, please allow 2 weeks (business days) for shipping. All products are printed to order. Products are fulfilled in London.
- Please note that each country has its own tax and duty laws in place and may accrue additional fees upon delivery.
- (Please allow 2 - 3 days to receive a tracking number while your order is hand-crafted, packaged and shipped from our facility)