About this Artwork
The Jaguar is one of my favorite wild cats. We have the fortune in Colombia that he walks in our mountains. The Jaguar is currently distributed in 18 countries throughout the American continent. Still, it is already considered extinct in El Salvador and Uruguay. It is estimated that approximately 55 percent of its distribution has been lost in the last century for many reasons. It is the only one of the four species of felines actually in the Americas. There are five subpopulations of these felines in Colombia, of which three are classified as critically endangered. Deforestation and the consequent loss of its habitat, its direct hunting and of its prey, as well as the conflict between humans and jaguars, are the main threats. With this artwork, I add my voice, intending to denounce that this species is critically endangered. Hopefully, we can react before it is too late.
- Giclée art printing is the best method to produce archival reproductions of artwork on paper or canvas. This advanced process uses sustainable practices: only archival certified inks, special light-fast inks. printed on high-quality certified paper to guarantee museum-level quality. If treated and maintained properly, these prints will last a lifetime!
- Hahnemühle German Etching Paper This heavyweight paper has a slightly warm base tone and a strong mottled texture. It creates a print with strong colours and deep blacks that feel rich and high in contrast. This is due to the texture of the paper enabling it to hold more ink and capture the light. This paper gives an artwork a handmade crafted feel and museum quality print with its weight and strong texture. Hahnemüle German Etching is a robust Giclée paper, meaning it doesn’t tend to fray as much at the edges.
- Note: Stock is limited to only 100 copies per size, please allow 2 weeks (business days) for shipping. All products are printed to order. Products are fulfilled in London.
- Please note that each country has its own tax and duty laws in place and may accrue additional fees upon delivery.
- (Please allow 2 - 3 days to receive a tracking number while your order is hand-crafted, packaged and shipped from our facility)